Thursday 31 May 2012

Now what do I do?..

I decided to go visit my cousin Daisy today because I hadn't seen her in a few days, when I showed up there Gatsby and Jordan were also there as well. When I first walked in the door I wondered why Gatsby was there? What does Tom think about this? Are they both cheating on each other, do both of them know that? I walked in the house awkwardly staring at everyone trying to comprehend what was going on. I watched Daisy as she studied Gatsby up and down, then she asked him if he would like to go to town with her for something to do. I don't know about you but if my wife wanted to go to town with another guy right in front of me I'd be so angry and confused. I think this is when Tom became extremely suspicious about their relationship, were they more then friends? Personally, I think they still love each other but I don't know why she married Tom if she was so madly inlove with Gatsby. Was she tired of waiting for him so she found someone else, I don't know. Tom spoke up when Daisy asked Gatsby to go to town with her he said, "Why don't we all go?" So then I rode with Jordan and Tom and Gatsby and Daisy ride in Tom's car. If I was Tom I'd tell my wife that she was riding with me not with her possible lover. But Tom didn't seem to care because he never really said anything about it or made it a big deal. On our way into town Tom, Jordan and I needed gas so we filled up at the Wilson's garage. George seemed worried about Myrtle because he thought she might be interested in someone else. I was speechless because I knew that "someone else" was Tom and he was talking right to him. Tom was standing there comforting George right in front of me and I knew he was a lieing to the poor guy. But what could I do, what  could I say? I didn't know what to do, he was cheating on my cousin and my cousin was sort of cheating on him too. When we got back into the car I just looked at Jordan, wondering what we should do, but she looked away. When we finally got into town and met up with Gatsby and Daisy, Gatsby walked over to Tom and told him that Daisy loved him. Tom was so mad I could see it in his eyes, he placed his hands over his eyes and shook his head. Tom walked over to him and I thought he was going to slap him but he just looked at him and said, "Get lost, go back to Long Island with her," and pointed at Daisy.  Daisy started to cry and left, then Jordan and I were stuck standing in the middle of the town with Tom.  Should I of said anything to him? But then Tom wanted to leave so we left, which was fine with me because it was so awkward. But on our way back to East Egg the weirdest thing happened, we were pulled over at the Wilson's Garage because someone had hit and killed Myrtle and just drove off. Who could it be? Was it Gatsby and Daisy? Did Daisy get Gatsby to do it on purpose? Did she know about Tom's affair? At this point Tom was tearful and confused but what did he want me to do? He was cheating on my cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment