Thursday 31 May 2012

Should I get involved in their adultery?

Last weekend I decided to meet up with Jordan to go over to one of Jay Gatsby's parties.  There was a lot of people gathered there and nobody really knew much about Gatsby or his background. Jordan and I decided to tour around the party a bit and go snooping through Gatsby's library. We were very curious about him, well I know I was. I had lived beside him for a few months and didn't know anything about him, he was always coming and going. We couldn't really find much about him so that is why we gave up to go outside and watch the entertainment. It wasn't til then that we actually met Gatsby himself, sitting in his gazebo avoiding the party and the people. He didn't seem like much of a drinker, I think he just enjoyed the fame because everyone knew his name. I studied Gatsby a lot, that is when I come to realize that I had served World War I with him. He was the type of person that wasn't very open with people but when you got to know him he liked to brag a lot. We didn't talk much that night, we sat there most of the night watching the entertainment together. One thing that I thought was odd was when he asked about my cousin Daisy, he asked me a lot about her. I wondered how he knew her? Or how they met. It wasn't til later that night when Gatsby's servant told Jordan that Gatsby wanted to talk to her privately. So I sat there wondering what it could be about. Did Jordan lie to me? Does she actually know Gatsby really well? But then I thought why would she lie to me about that. When Jordan was finally done talking with Gatsby she told me that Gatsby is madly inlove with Daisy and that is why he asked about her. I was so shocked about this I could hardly comprehend it, how did they meet and when? I never would of guessed in a million years that Jay Gatsby, THE JAY GATSBY, was inlove with my cousin, Daisy. Not only that, Gatsby wanted me to set up a reunion for them to meet again. Should I support adultery and follow through with the reunion? Or should I try and save Daisy's marriage by not telling her at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment