Thursday 31 May 2012

Does anyone really understand the meaning of love?

Today was quite the adventure, I went with Tom to the Wilson's Garage to meet Myrtle, this is the first time I have ever met her. Tom and Myrtle's relationship is very compelling to me. They act like they're just friends but Tom encouraged her to come back to his apartment, to have a few drinks. Myrtle seemed very loud and rowdy, she was the type of person who didn't know when to stop drinking. I don't really know what to think of her right  now, I didn't know too much about her. While we were at the apartment I wondered what her husband George thought about her leaving with some man? Was he not suspicious of who he was or why they were leaving together? Myrtle and Tom had seemed like they have known each other for years, how long have they had this little fling going on? I thought about asking Tom what was going on, but I wanted to be certain of what I thought. I am very surprised that Tom wanted me to go with him to meet up with Myrtle and have drinks with them later. Was he not afraid that I would tell Daisy? Or is that what he wanted. The more and more that Myrtle would drink the louder she would get. She started bad talking my cousin Daisy, but I wasn't sure if I should intervene. Did she know that Daisy was my cousin? Why did she hate her so much? I thought she might be just jelous of Tom and Daisy's marriage or maybe Daisy confronted her about Tom before. I didn't know what I should do, so I just sat there listening to Myrtle bad talk my cousin. I didn't know if it bothered Tom until he yelled at her to stop, but she wouldn't listen. I could tell then that it bothered him because I had never heard him yell like that before. Myrtle didn't care though she kept talking and talking about Daisy, when finally Tom had had enough and drove her right square in the nose. That is when I got up and left because I didn't want to be involved in the drama. This is when I thought to myself, does anyone really understand the meaning of love? Does Tom even love Daisy?

No comments:

Post a Comment