Wednesday 30 May 2012

Who is this interesting girl?..

I went to visit my cousin Daisy today, and I couldn't help but notice this elegant lady lounging on her couch. Her name was Jordan Baker and she is a pro golfer. She appears to be an interesting person, the kind of person that pulls you in more and more when you talked to them, wanting to know more. While Daisy and her husband Tom talked, I sat by Jordan and became intrigued by her soothing voice and wanted to discover more about her. I wondered how long Jordan had known my cousin, because I have never heard about her before and she seemed to know a lot about Daisy and Tom. Were Daisy and Jordan best friends? How come I had never met her before? I should have asked her more questions but Tom's phone rang when we were all sitting there, and it became complete silence because everyone was curious as to who it was. We all sat there in a blank stare, watching Tom walk down the hallway and out of our site. The silence and curiosity made Daisy move and follow Tom as he chased away from her, not wanting her to hear the conversation. That is when I became curious as well and frustrated at Tom. Why was he running away from Daisy? What was he trying to hide from her? These two were the type of people who never kept secrets from one another that is why I was so interested. When Jordan looked over at me and realized that I was in deep thought about what was going on, she leant over and told me that she knew what was going on. I was surprised that she knew considering I had just met her, she knew more then anyone would have expectected. She said these exact words, "It's Tom's lover." Why would Tom ever do that to Daisy? She loves him and wouldn't ever do anything to hurt him. After she told me that I just sat there without saying a word because questions just kept running through my head. Had Jordan told Daisy about this? Or was she a fake friend and just really wanted information about the town to spread. What could I say at this point that was my cousin that Tom was cheating on and I didn't want to be the one to break her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment